Energy Conservation Engineering Manager
Date posted: Monday, September 24, 2018
Tacoma Power's Customer Energy Programs division is seeking a Power Engineer IV to lead and supervise a team of engineers by providing technical review and oversight of commercial-industrial (C/I) related energy conservation projects and programs. This person also researches, develops and implements complex C/I conservation programs and projects with customers.
- Review and approval of C/I engineering projects, ensuring compliance with all technical requirements, policies and procedures
- Leading a team of three senior engineers, assigning tasks and mentoring staff to ensure quality analytical work, overall competence, responsibility, and collaboration
- Approving and preparing technical specifications, engineering calculations and plans for C/I conservation projects
- Evaluating the energy performance of installed conservation projects including detailed measurement & verification
- Researching and analyzing data and technical information related to complex equipment including HVAC and industrial process systems
- Providing technical support to management and other internal groups
- Administering contracts with various customers and coordinating with consultants, contractors, developers and suppliers
- Serving as a liaison with local, regional and national energy efficiency organizations and trade allies
- Conducting building and facility surveys, life cycle cost analyses, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred) or related technical field
- Seven or more years of work experience in utility, conservation, energy or related industry
- Previous supervisory, management or team leadership experience
In addition, a Professional Engineering (PE) License is highly preferred.
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
Wayne Faulkner, Human Resources Assistant
City of Tacoma
3628 S. 35th ST.
Tacoma WA 98409
Apply for this job
Career Center Home